- Label your boxes for easy locating
- Read your Rental Agreement
- Insure your goods – if it’s worth storing, it’s worth insuring!
- Keep heavier boxes on the bottom
- Use smaller boxes for books and heavy objects
- Put the items you need the least in the back of the unit to keep room in the front for things you may want to get at later
- Leave an aisle or walkway for easy access to all your items
- Use freestanding shelving to help keep things organized
- Wrap pictures, mirrors and framed items with paper or bubble wrap and mark as FRAGILE. Never store these items flat.
- Cover furniture and mattresses for protection. Use pallets or cardboard to keep these items off the floor.
- Store mattresses flat to prevent them from bending out of shape
- Don’t forget to use furniture drawers to store items- Linens, clothes, blankets, silverware and small items.
- Remove the legs from tables to make more room.
- DO NOT store cash, jewelry, furs, sentimental or irreplaceable items
- DO NOT store hazardous or dangerous materials, food or perishable items
- Be aware of Property access hours and posted signage
Report any unusual activity or potential problems to the staff immediately
If you have any questions or need assistance, your Sir Stor-A-Lot staff can help with everything from the packing supplies you need to finding a good pizza on moving day!